Offshore web development: example of Ecommerce Software (book store)
For this project our aim was to develop a web site with an automated system to choose and order books online. One more point was to grant the further functional development possibility. The active Internet community of “Book Club” customers is more than 200 000 of registered users for now. And the quantity of the web site daily visits of “Book Club” company is several thousand.
Effort: 5 man-months
- Effort: 5 man-months
- Site: www.bookclub.by
The “Book Club” company provides a popular service – books selling through an effective European catalogue system on the Internet. Such an automated order management system allows presenting to the customers products according to a category and offering them convenient search system according to set parameters.
Our aim was to develop a web site with an automated system of choosing and ordering books online. One more point was to grant the further functional development possibility.
As work with catalogues requires big quantity of items processing the main idea of this web project was provision of all seasonal books catalogues for free access due to a given schedule. During this web project development process the main parameters were also quick and easy registration for the potential customer according to company’s rules and conditions (member’s access receipt into the closed part of the site) and multilevel discount system for buying products according to the membership duration within the club, collections of books acquired and many other conditions.
The web site development allowed including the following functions:
- Quick registration procedure and a “Book Club” member account number appropriation
- Personal accounts with information of the current orders, automated discount calculating system, confirmation of sending a made order on e-mail
- Flex system of making seasonal merchandise catalogues: the same item can appear in many catalogues simultaneously according to its attributes of belonging to this or that books collection and proper pricing policy
- Easy-to-use merchandise catalogue with subject categories
- Multilevel system of business rules which are used for discount calculating and pricing policy changing from the web site administrators
- Possibility to download all made orders within a single file with dates and calendar periods classification for web site administrators
- Lots of useful information about the company, its rules, delivery terms and payment for merchandise
The active Internet community of “Book Club” customers is more than 200 000 of registered users for now. And the quantity of the web site daily visits of “Book Club” company is about one thousand.