Our SCRUM teams are highly efficient where every member understands the goals of a sprint and a whole project. As a rule, we gather 5-9 specialists who can create their own small teams within a larger Scrum team. Belitsoft offers experienced project managers and business analysts who can play the roles of a Scrum Master and a Product Owner in your project. We are responsible for software requirements gathering, accurate planning, efficient development and communication. Are you thinking of SCRUM application development? Our company is here to help you!
WHAT IS SCRUM?
SCRUM is an agile approach to managing a software development project. It is one of the most popular and effective management methodologies nowadays. The SCRUM methodology is based on self-organizing work of the development team. Therefore, there is no the definition of a team lead here, a team knows all its issues well and solves them independently. However, there are two another roles – a Scrum Master (a coach who just coordinates the teamwork) and a Product Owner (represents the interests of business, customers, or users). As a rule, SCRUM projects are divided into a number of sprints – periods of about 1-4 weeks when certain software functionality is developed and tested. A development team takes each new feature from a Product Backlog – a special document where they are all listed and prioritized. At the end of a sprint, there is a sprint review when a development team shows new functionality that has been added during this sprint to the stakeholders of a project.
- Scrum Team. A number of employees who participate in a project. A Scrum team is self-organized and may include the specialists of different job titles and professional levels – they all contribute to the project success.
- Scrum Master. A coach of a development team who coordinates it and controls its performance. The main objective of this role is to provide high quality of the teamwork.
- Product Owner. A project stakeholder that represents a Client, business, customers, or users. This role is fully responsible for the relevance and prioritization of a Product Backlog. The main objective of this role is to provide the right goal for the development team.
SCRUM TOOLS / ARTIFACTS
- Product Backlog. A document where all the features of a project are listed in the form of user stories and prioritized.
- Sprint Backlog. A document where all the features for one sprint are listed in the form of user stories and prioritized.
- Scrum Task Board. A visible form of a Sprint Backlog and development progress.
- Sprint and Release Burndown Charts. A chart where the net change in the amount of work remaining is shown.
SCRUM DEVELOPMENT PROCESS
- Work with Software Requirements. Gathering. Documenting. Prioritization.
- Sprint Planning Meeting. At this stage, the team takes the top requirements from the Product Backlog and plans how many of them it can develop during the coming sprint. Thus, the team defines a Sprint Backlog. A Product Owner reviews the Product Backlog and makes adjustments; a Scrum Master selects the development tools and infrastructure.
- Sprint Implementation. While a sprint is going, the team is designing, building, testing, and deploying new features. A Scrum Mater removes any obstacles that affect the teamwork and enhances the performance of the team. In addition, a Scrum team has daily standup meetings that last no more than 15 minutes and reviews its progress, synchronizes tasks, and discusses possible difficulties.
- Sprint Review Meeting. It is almost a final stage of a Scrum development process when the development team shows what has been implemented. As a rule, the team shows a demo version of a software product to the project’s stakeholders. The main thing here is to get feedback from the stakeholders to know what needs to be improved and what to do further. Sprint review can be informal and doesn’t require a detailed presentation. The team focuses on the main results of the sprint.
- Sprint Retrospective. Each sprint is finished with a retrospective where the team with its Scrum Master and Product Owner discuss how productive the accomplished sprint was, what opportunities the team had and which of them were realized or not and why.
SCRUM WEB AND MOBILE APP DEVELOPMENT
Why SCRUM application development?
- A trusted and highly transparent development process that is also fast.
- The methodology covers constantly changing business requirements, so it’s easy to change an execution plan.
- Easy to add and develop new functionality.
- A Scrum team is cross-functional, so it can implement specific tasks according to your requirements.
- SCRUM saves time and money of the project.
- A Scrum team is solid and highly performing.
- Early development problems identification and their fast resolution.
- SCRUM lets work with different technologies and programming languages.
- A customer gets a stable and quality application is a short term.
Our Clients' Feedback
They use their knowledge and skills to program the product, and then completed a series of quality assurance tests. We were working in an agile way with them. Belitsoft performed very well throughout our project. We are definitely looking at Belitsoft as a long-term partner.
Service Delivery Director at Crimson (United Kingdom)
I highly recommend Belitsoft for website design and development. We were up against a tight deadline to launch the project. The work was delivered on time and within budget! I will continue working with Belitsoft as a valued partner for our web development!
Program Administrator at UC Berkeley (United States)
We have worked with Belitsoft team over the past few years on projects involving much customized programming work. They are knowledgeable and are able to complete tasks on schedule, meeting our technical requirements. We would recommend them to anyone who is in need of custom programming work.
Main Partner at Hathway Tech (United States)
Belitsoft company is able to make changes instantly. One of our internal engineers has commented about how clean their code is. Belitsoft seems to know what they're doing, which I appreciate.
Co-Founder at HOWCAST MEDIA (United States)
It was a great pleasure working with Belitsoft software development company. New requirements and adjustments were implemented fast and precisely. We can recommend Belitsoft and are looking forward to start a follow-up project.
Deputy Head of Division at Fraunhofer FIT (Germany)
Belitsoft company has been able to provide senior developers with the skills to support back end, native mobile and web applications. We continue today to augment our existing staff with great developers from Belitsoft.
CEO at Apollo Matrix (United States)
Belitsoft company delivered dedicated development team for our products, and technical specialists for our clients' custom development needs. We highly recommend to use this company if you want the same benefits.
Managing Director at Key2Know A/S in 2012 (Denmark)
We approached BelITsoft with a concept, and they were able to convert it into a multi-platform software solution. Their team members are skilled, agile and attached to their work, all of which paid dividends as our software grew in complexity.
COO at Regenerative Medicine LLC (United States)
Having worked with Belitsoft as a service provider, I must say that I'm very pleased with the company's policy. Belitsoft guarantees first-class service through efficient management, great expertise, and a systematic approach to business. I would strongly recommend Belitsoft's services to anyone wanting to get the right IT products in the right place at the right time.
CEO at Moblers (Israel)
If you are looking for a true partnership Belitsoft company might be the best choice for you. They have proven to be most reliable, polite and professional. The team managed to adapt to changing requirements and to provide me with best solutions. I strongly recommend Belisoft.
Director at ShowCast Limited (Germany)
I expected and demanded a lot of you at Belitsoft company, but you exceeded my expectations. You acted pro-actively, challenged me at the right moments. Thanks!"
CEO at Ticken B.V. (Netherlands)
We have been working for over 10 years and they have become our long-term technology partner. Any software development, programming, or design needs we have had, Belitsoft company has always been able to handle this for us.
СEO at ElearningForce International (United States/Denmark)
Belitsoft has been the driving force behind several of our software development projects within the last few years. This company demonstrates high professionalism in their work approach. They have continuously proved to be ready to go the extra mile. We are very happy with Belitsoft, and in a position to strongly recommend them for software development and support as a most reliable and fully transparent partner focused on long term business relationships.
Global Head of Commercial Development L&D at Technicolor