Belitsoft is a software development provider with the aims of delivering effective and quality solutions to our clients. To achieve this aim we begin quality assurance process at the stage of the product architecture creation and we end it at the moment of the ready product delivery. We do software testing to ensure that it meets the requirements, industry standards, as well as security, and is in compliance with the business goals it was designed to achieve.
We offer quality assurance for both third-party products and custom software developed by our team.
Effective testing can be done in several ways – manually, with or without specific applications, or totally in automated mode. The choice depends on the aspect to test and the objective factors such as software type, size, and aim of testing.
Here at Belitsoft, we do:
Our Quality assurance specialists define the most effective test types for each product and offer the optimal plan of testing. Their many years of expertise allow our quality assurance specialists to bring you functional, bugs-free, stable-working software and web applications. With us, your products will enter the market in time and within budget.
Using quality assurance services and software testing you will get high-quality solutions winning users’ appreciation and making ROI process fast.
To achieve the highest efficiency of software testing service and to make this process as transparent as possible, we use different solutions for bug tracking and test monitoring: Confluence, JIRA, Zendesk, Redmine, Bugzilla, custom codes designed specifically to test a solution or its specific function. We like instant feedback exchanges between all parties participating in software development and testing, this allows the detection and elimination of bugs and errors in time. Our quality management system has ISO 9001 certificate.
AUTOMATED SOFTWARE TESTING
Automated software testing is a process when special software tools are used to execute pre-scripted tests. Sometimes, manual testing does not meet expectations, is rather laborious, time and cost consuming. Therefore, it is more cost-effective to apply automated testing that significantly simplifies the testing effort and provides fast test execution. Automated testing tools are used for executing tests, reporting results, and comparing them with earlier test runs. Test automation is intended to the automation of repetitive tasks, product installation, test data creation, defect logging, GUI interaction and much more. Automated testing is important for providing continuous testing and continuous delivery.
WHY AUTOMATION, NOT MANUAL TESTING?
- Unattended automated test runs;
- Run repeatedly and quickly;
- Reusability of test scripts;
- Wider test coverage;
- Support of software with a long maintenance life;
- Shorter development process;
- Improved software quality;
- Faster time to market.
WHAT TO AUTOMATE?
- Important for business features;
- Test cases that are run frequently and go with large amount of data;
- Repetitive tasks;
- Common functionalities;
- Complex test cases;
- Test cases that can be used for cross-browser testing;
- Tests that can cause a human error;
- Test cases that cannot be performed manually;
- Tests that are run on different hardware or software platforms;
- Test cases that require much effort and time on the part of manual testing.
AUTOMATED SOFTWARE TESTING SERVICES WE PROVIDE
- GUI (Graphical User Interface) Testing. This type of testing is used for automation of mouse clicks, keystrokes, select menu items, call object methods and so on to ensure the correct program behavior. GUI testing tools let record user actions, replay them as many times as needed, and compare actual results to what is expected. GUI testing is usually used for websites and mobile applications testing.
- API Testing. API testing means verifying if APIs meet expectations for functionality, performance, reliability, and security. This type of testing is used to validate software behavior under test.
- Unit Testing. Using this type of testing means the creation of a number of unit tests that determine if various parts of the code are acting as expected under various circumstances. Unit testing is usually used in Agile software development, and such development process is known as test-driven development (TDD). When all the tests pass, the code can be considered completed.
- Continuous Testing. Continuous Testing is the execution of tests under constant software delivery. That helps to extend the scope of testing by covering all the requirements.
- Regression Testing. Automated regression tests can be run in a timely manner.
- Load Testing.
- Performance Testing.
- Smoke, Integration, Functional, Keyword, Regression, Black Box Testing.
- Mobile, Desktop, Web, Browser Testing.
Mobile Test Automation
Modern mobile applications (Android, iOS, cross-platform) are highly dynamic. New Android devices are entering the market every day, having new updates and customization, thus, software developers should think about their software compatibility with all these device variants. Test automation makes it possible to test your software on hundreds of real devices simultaneously. Automated testing is a cost-effective solution that increases testing efficiency, provides wide test coverage and faster time to market. Test automation can go together with application development that saves much time. It also saves your costs because bugs are revealed at the early stage of the development process: it’s rather cheap and easy to fix them at this stage. You are able to run automated tests again and again at no additional costs. Belitsoft offers various automated testing services such as User Interface and Functionality Testing, Graphic Performance Testing, including Load Testing, and much more. We plan our testing carefully, select the most appropriate testing technology, maintain and improve our test scripts as an app changes, and offer 24/7 test running.
Web Testing Automation
Belitsoft offers test automation for any desktop/mobile web application. We use effective testing automation tools and frameworks that support popular browsers, test environments, and programming languages. Our QA-team applies Functionality, Usability, Interface, Compatibility and other types of automated testing to test links, database connection, online forms, Cookie and any other objects of a web page.
TEST AUTOMATION FRAMEWORKS WE USE
To implement automated testing, a test automation framework is required. A test automation framework is an integrated system that simplifies the automation effort by offering a set of rules for the automation of a specific product. A test automation framework is responsible for creating tests for a certain type of an application, executing those tests, and generating detailed test reports. Here, at Belitsoft, we use Record & Playback, Keyword-driven, Data-driven, and Hybrid automation frameworks, depending on the project’s testing goals and budget, environment, and time frames.
- Record and Playback Framework and its extension. This test automation framework helps to record user actions and replay them as many times as needed. It is rather cheap and easy to deploy. However, it has limited performance and maintenance costs can be rather high.
- Data-Driven Frameworks. This advanced framework supports multiple environments and large data inputs. It has high usability, reusability, and wide test flow coverage. Even so, Data-driven framework requires regular maintenance and manual intervention.
- Keyword-Driven Framework. This framework is a good choice for many projects, different applications, environments and data sets. It has good script usability, reusability, and test flow coverage. However, it also requires regular maintenance and deep knowledge of meta-languages.
- Hybrid Framework. This is the most complex framework that supports data import and export, external objects integration, and large data sets. It covers multiple applications, environments, and platforms. This framework is also highly usable and re-usable. Even so, using this framework means significant upfront investment and requires good design and implementation skills.
OUR TESTING AUTOMATION TOOLS
Using testing automation tools lets minimize our work effort and deliver high-quality software. Our applications are efficient and highly performing due to the fact that we use various automation tools such as Selenium, TestingWhiz, HPE Unified Functional Testing, TestComplete and much more. We choose our testing tools based on some criterion such as scripting language use, ease of use, a possibility of database testing, image testing, availability of detailed test reports, support for different types of test, testing frameworks, certain platforms and technologies. As a rule, we choose such automation tool that fits your overall requirements more.
Selenium is one of the most popular testing automation tools we use. This tool is widely used for web application testing, supports different OS (Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and programming languages (Java, PHP, C#, Ruby on Rails, Python, Junit and other). Selenium is the base for most of other software testing tools, APIs, and frameworks. This testing automation tool can execute multiple tests at a time, supports autocomplete for Selenium common commands, walkthrough tests, stores tests in different formats and has many other advantages.
- Selenium WebDriver: to create regression automation suites and tests and to distribute scripts across various environments;
- Selenium IDE: to create bug reproduction scripts and scripts aiding in automation-aided exploratory testing.
AUTOMATED TESTING PROCESS
- Testing Automation Tool Selection . First, a selected testing automation tool should fit your automation requirements and correspond to the project conditions.
- Definition of Automation Scope. Here we define what test cases should be automated and what features should be covered by tests.
- Test Automation Design and Development. At this stage, we develop automation scripts and schedule our activity.
- Test Execution. When automation tests are ready, it’s time to run them and analyze the provided reports.
- Test Automation Efficiency Measurement. After test execution is conducted, we analyze such metrics as percent of defects found, customer satisfaction index, productivity improvements and other.
- Test Maintenance. Automation scripts need to be added and maintained for each release to provide their accuracy and efficiency.
OUR TEST AUTOMATION ENGINEERS
Our well-versed QA-team includes experienced test leads, test designers, and teat automation engineers who follow the best test automation practices. We carefully plan and design our work. Our QA-engineers start testing as early as possible and run tests as often as needed because the more you test – the more bugs can be identified, and it’s much cheaper and easier to fix them at the very beginning of project development than at the production and deployment stages. We also divide our effort according to the skill set of each QA-engineer to create robust and powerful scripts. In addition, our automated tests are reusable due to the fact that we use quality test data. With the QA-team of Belitsoft, you test faster and save your costs.
- Test lead/manager. Our test leads ensure that our QA-team meets your requirements and testing needs. This person is responsible for any arising challenges and costs.
- Test designer. This person defines what test cases should be automated. In other words, he/she form the list of requirements for the automation effort.
- Test automation engineer. Our test automation engineers have deep knowledge of various automation technologies and frameworks and closely work with our development team.