When the Customer contacted us for development, he was just a startup. Nowadays the Customer is a reputable company, Microsoft Strategic Partner, Microsoft Gold Partner and ISV Partner with offices all around the world.
The Customer’s objective was to build Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) product based on SharePoint that can be utilized in both educational and private sector.
To develop such a system the Customer wanted to engage an outsourcing nearshore partner as costs for developers are high in the Northern European countries. The customer was in need of a reliable software development provider from the Eastern European region.
Belitsoft was chosen as:
- There was positive experience and trust build while working with us before that project.
- Belitsoft was able to start development quickly as we have provided 2 experienced .NET/ SharePoint developers within two weeks after signing a contract.
- Belitsoft was able to provide competitive prices as the customer wanted to build long-term full-time team working only on his projects.
- Team augmentation and the whole process of work were transparent. This assured Customer that he will get good specialists at the pre-agreed rate.
- Belitsoft had proven experience in building dedicated teams as well as domain expertise in eLearning.
The development was started on SharePoint platform by 2 developers. The team started to grow continuously to support for increasing customer's requirements in additional functionality, support of existing code and additional platforms (SharePoint, SharePoint Online).
Currently, the team is about 17 people with 1 Project Manager, 9 developers, 4 Quality Assurance Specialists, 3 Support Specialists. Belitsoft's pool of available .NET developers, front-end developers, designers, and other available specialists are used, where additional efforts are needed.
Belitsoft and Customer have started collaboration in 2007 and due to successful products developed in Belitsoft the Customer became Microsoft Strategic Partner, Microsoft Gold partner and received numerous awards from Microsoft. Based on our analysis of Northern European expenses for full-time employees, we can proudly say that we were able to decrease yearly customer’s expenses by 40-50% of the development costs which are more than USD 600,000 currently.
It’s been adopted by organizations like Florida Department of Agriculture, Pabst Brewing and JFK School of Business at Harvard. We are still working on this project, improving and expanding it, as the number of installations constantly grows. The system currently has over 5 million users in businesses, governmental organizations and educational institutions.
- Analytics with Power BI
- Quiz builder
- SCORM/AICC player
- Learning module builder
- Webinar support
Technologies and platforms: SharePoint, SharePoint Online, Office 365, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, AJAX, MSSQL, WebParts, MS VisualStudio, Sharepoint Designer