Belitsoft was approached by an e-commerce startup from Israel.
The client had an innovative coupons app. It allowed users to get group discounts on food, clothes, entertainment and more by playing games with their friends. The app was already in its MVP stage, but needed optimization and improvement to be prepared for more users.
After considering their options, the client chose Belitsoft for the following reasons:
- Efficient communication. During the project discussions the managers were professional in understanding the client’s needs, as well as helpful and open to contact;
- Transparent quote. The estimate that the development team has provided was detailed and realistic, demonstrating their competence;
- Solid references. Other successful businessmen spoke about Belitsoft as a professional and efficient technology partner
The project had a clear set of requirements, so waterfall development model was appropriate for this project.
The developer regularly talked with the client and their project manager via Skype to ensure coordination and transparency. The day-to-day tasks were tracked through Jira.
All the testing was done by the client who had qualified QA specialists on their team and didn’t need help in this regard.
There were several major problems that Belitsoft has successfully solved:
- Loading time optimization. The MVP application took too long to start. As it turned out, it was due to the 5000 games loading simultaneously whenever the user opened the dashboard. The developer reworked the system, making it so that only first 10 games were active at the start. The rest were loaded as the user needed them.
- New features. The app has already been integrated with Facebook. Belitsoft developer added a feature allowing the users to invite people from their phone book. The invited person received an SMS with the link to the app and then – a notification to join the game.
- Code cleanup. Belitsoft has streamlined the client’s codebase, making it faster and cheaper to add new features in future.
The client was happy with the work and asked Belitsoft to help develop their online app with similar functionality. Ionic framework allows reusing the code between the web and mobile versions, so the app is expected to be finished shortly.
- Technologies: Mean.io, MongoDB, Express, Angular, Node.js, Ionic.
- Team size: 1 full-stack developer