Solution: SAAS Platforms Chatbots
Industry: Digital marketing
Country: Germany Israel
- Technologies and platforms: Node.js, Meteor, PHP, Laravel, MongoDB, Angular JS, Bootstrap, MySQL
- Effort: 20 man-months
One of the major problems almost every business has is getting quality leads from it’s website in a cost-effective way. A “lead” is a marketing term that refers to a potential customer who has expressed an initial interest in a business' products or services and has left his/her contact information. However, there are not so many effective lead gathering web tools to solve this problem. Additionally, more and more website visitors have become indifferent towards classic lead gathering tools such as standard pop-up chats and contact forms.
In order to effectively solve this challenge, our client from Israel (currently, he lives in Berlin) had to come up with a new approach in this business and patent several ideas. Intelligent chat-bot became a crucial part of his ideas, as it would imitate very naturally the human consultant interested in helping website visitors.
Once the preparation stage was completed, our client started to look for engineering resources to help him. He found Belitsoft via Google and chose us out of several nearshore and local companies.
We successfully developed chat-bot to convert website visitors to leads and web application to store them. Over a period of one year, Belitsoft’s cooperation with the client has grown into a strategic and friendly relationship, where the client started to recommend us to his partners/friends and left a positive review of his experience working with us.
How does the SAAS Web Platform work for website owners?
"Simplicity of usage" and "high efficiency" of the platform are the main keywords to define its capabilities.
- After creation of a personal account inside the SAAS Web Platform a website owner gets a piece of code (like the Google Analytics Counter’s code), which he has to paste once into his website;
- Soon after that Chat-bot starts to convert the website visitors to leads in 24/7 intervals;
- Gathered leads are privately stored inside the personal account of the website owner within the SAAS Web Platform;
- To use the capabilities of the platform, the website owner has to pay a monthly fee.
How does the Chat-Bot work for lead generation?
- The chat-bot imitates trained human consultant specialist who provides a dedicated attention to every website visitor;
- The chat-bot adapts automatically its design and “call to action” phrases (aimed at encouraging the dialog) to the current webpage’s design and content;
- The chat-bot understands the context of the conversation to be able to answer not just the lengthy questions, but also the short ones;
- The chat-bot can follow the topic of conversation and change it depending on the situation;
- The chat-bot can gather contact details of the user in a very natural manner during the conversation rather than at the beginning;
- Machine-learning is another interesting feature of the chat-bot, which allows it to test and apply the most effective lead-generation strategies for different groups of users (boring A/B testing is off).
Approach to the Custom Software Development
After signing an NDA, our project manager/business analyst and lead developer went on a business trip to the client’s office in Berlin. The goal was to gather the software requirements. Soon after that, a software requirements specification was prepared and the contract was signed. We successfully started software implementation process in September 2015. The client monitored our work remotely (via Jira and Skype), and visited our office in Minsk several times.
We used Agile methodology to meet deadlines; development was divided into sprints of 1-2 weeks each. Functional and regressive testing has been performed each time before delivery.
The following technologies and platforms are used for this project: Angularjs, Meteor, Node.js, MongoDB, Bootstrap, PHP, and MySQL. These modern instruments allow getting and transferring data in real-time and can handle multiple requests simultaneously.