Dedicated Software Development Team for an E-Learning Software Company
7 years ago when the Customer contacted us for development he was just a startup. Nowadays the Customer is a reputable company, Microsoft Strategic Partner, Microsoft Gold Partner and ISV Partner of the 2012 year with offices all around the world.
- Technologies and platforms: SharePoint 2007-2013, SharePoint Online, Office 365, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, AJAX, MSSQL, WebParts, MS VisualStudio, Sharepoint Designer
- Team size: 17 IT Specialists - PM, developers, support, quality assurance experts.
OBJECTIVE AND VENDOR SELECTION PROCESS
The Customer’s objective was to build Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) product based on SharePoint that can be utilized in both educational and private sector.
To develop such a system the Customer wanted to engage an outsourcing nearshore partner as costs for developers are high in the Northern European countries. Customer was in need for a reliable software development provider from the Eastern European region. Belitsoft was chosen as:
- There was positive experience and trust build while working with us before that project.
- Belitsoft was able to start development quickly as we have provided 2 experienced .NET/ SharePoint developers within a two weeks after signing a contract.
- Belitsoft was able to provide competitive prices as customer wanted to build long-term full-time team working only on his projects.
- Team augmentation and the whole process of work were transparent. This assured Customer that he will get good specialists at pre-agreed rate.
The development was started on SharePoint 2007 platform by 2 developers. The team started to grow continuously to support increasing customer's requirements in additional functionality, support of existing code and additional platforms (SharePoint 2007, SharePoint 2010, SharePoint Online).
Currently the team is about 17 people where 1 Project Manager, 9 developers, 4 Quality Assurance Specialists, 3 Support Specialists. Belitsoft's pool of available .NET developers, front-end developers, designers and other available specialists are used, where additional efforts are needed.
Belitsoft and Customer have started collaboration in 2007 and due to successful products developed in Belitsoft the Customer became Microsoft Strategic Partner, Microsoft Gold partner and received numerous awards from Microsoft. Based on our analysis of Northern European expenses for full-time employees, we can proudly say that we were able to decrease yearly customer’s expenses by 40-50% of the development costs which are more than 600 000 USD currently.